Diabetes Management is an important step in the overall care of many seniors. Carlton Senior Living offers a complete care program designed to enhance health and well-being for those with Type 1 or 2 diabetes. Our Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) are ready to assist residents in their daily diabetes management plan.
Our customized approach includes:
- Blood Glucose Checks – Monitoring is supervised or performed as ordered by your physician
- Medicine Management – Daily assistance with the administration of insulin as well as support in managing your additional medications
- Discount Pharmacy Program – Prescriptions are written as needed with competitive pricing
- Nutrition – Evaluation and support is provided to help residents get the daily nutrients they need that can affect weight and blood glucose levels
- Activity – Planned exercise sessions are offered in a group setting
- Education – A monthly education and diabetic forum addresses daily diabetic management issues such as healthy eating and exercise for a better life