Dementia Memory Care Senior Facility In Pleasant Hill
Carlton Chateau Poet’s Corner is a senior living community dedicated to dementia memory care and enhanced assisted living for seniors who are challenged by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Nestled in a quiet, suburban Pleasant Hill neighborhood, Chateau at Poet’s Corner offers superior programming and support to seniors and families facing dementia-related challenges. A licensed vocational nurse is on staff every day to assist residents with their medication and health management. The lovely senior community is designed to meet the needs of the individual residents, with distinct environments that are more stimulating and higher energy, and a quieter area for those who thrive with less stimulation.
Included in the monthly rent:
- Three great meals served restaurant style.
- Room service when needed for temporary illness.
- Snacks every day.
- Apartment maintenance.
- Water, garbage and electricity.
- Emergency call system and 24-hour staffing.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service.
- Weekly personal linen service.
- Medical visit transportation with wheelchair access.
- Low step or roll-in showers.
- A full schedule of social and failure-free activities.
- Assistance with daily bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Medication management.
- Incontinence products, assistance and reminders.
- Personal dining assistance, if needed.
- Carlton Senior Living’s exclusive LiFE program:
LiFE – Letting Individuality Freely Exist – is a person-centered approach to care. Carlton Senior Living team members have concentrated, specialized training that enable them to join residents on their journeys; honoring the spirit of the residents whose lives have been changed by dementia, while celebrating the person who still is. The LiFE caregiving philosophy values all people as unique, recognizes individual viewpoints and honors the connection among us. It acknowledges that human life is grounded in relationships. It provides residents challenged by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia a rewarding and meaningful social environment which compensates for their impairment and promotes retention of daily living skills. The goal at Chateau at Poet’s Corner is to respond with appropriate care in a gentle, family-like environment.
The LiFE program utilizes best practices in dementia care with innovative programs such as Coro Health music therapy and Dakim brain fitness training. The Carlton Senior Living team understands the unique behaviors that frequently accompany memory loss. They use gentle redirection as well as touch and reassuring smiles to build trusting relationships. The LiFE program also makes best use of sensory integration by featuring waterfall fountains, aromatherapy, and wind chimes. Other therapeutic tools, which are a part of daily life at Chateau at Poet’s Corner, include pet visits, art, and reminiscence.
Coming home to Chateau At Poet’s Corner Memory Care:
- Move-in consultation helps to create a plan to provide the best assistance, health care and life needs.
- A unique Personal Expressions activity program that accounts for the resident’s hobbies, desires, needs and abilities is created.
- Scheduled Family Connection conferences help the family stay in touch with changing lifestyle and healthcare needs.
To learn more about the dedicated Alzheimer’s dementia and memory care available at Carlton Senior Living’s Chateau at Poet’s Corner, please call (925) 287-8750 or visit today.
Conveniences and nearby features:
- A comprehensive activities program designed to enhance the resident’s success moment-to-moment.
- Health-related care needs are closely monitored so medication and assistance with activities of daily living can be managed comfortably.
- State-of-the-art technology to monitor the senior living community’s exterior with a delayed entrance/egress system at doorways.
- Enclosed courtyard with a circular pathway that allows residents to enjoy time outdoors while walking amid beautiful flowering plants.
- A full schedule of special events to encourage family members to celebrate life with their loved ones.
- Memory loss affects everyone in the family, so Chateau at Poet’s Corner offers comprehensive and individual family support.
- Short term respite stays are available.
- Great shopping and restaurants nearby, including Kohl’s, Safeway, Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek, Bed Bath & Beyond, Kobe’s Steakhouse, the newly renovated downtown Pleasant Hill, Starbucks, Kaiser Hospital and John Muir Medical Center.
About the apartments:
- Companion apartment suites shared by two residents and separated with a decorative screen.
- Semi-private apartments with shared bathrooms.
- Private apartments.