Best of the Best Award Winner
Associate: Yesenia Leon
Community: Pleasant Hill
Department: Dining Room
Position: Wait Staff – Lead
Reason for Yesenia’s Nomination:
- Yesenia Leon has been with Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill since October 2001. Yesenia has been a great Wait Staff – Lead in the dining room and has earned the respect of her fellow coworkers by leading by example. Yesenia has filled in when short staffed without hesitation or complaint. She lends a hand without being asked. She sees something that needs to be done and just does it. Yesenia has also cross trained as Cook and has been valuable in helping out in the kitchen when needed. Yesenia also helps her coworkers with limited English skills in translating for management or answering associates questions as well as navigating the online payroll and training programs.
- I have observed Yesenia to always be kind and helpful to residents and coworkers. She never hesitates to help or find someone to help a resident or coworker. He caring nature and compassion is obvious and she truly exhibits the Carlton Way in her service to others. (Manager)
- Whether she’s serving meals or cooking, Yesenia serves our community with a smile on her face and genuine desire to help others. He kind heart and caring spirit shine through when she’s interacting with residents and their families. Her ceaseless patience and compassion are commendable and definitely qualify her for Best of the Best. (Coworker)
Carlton Senior Living is looking for more exceptional associates like Yesenia to join the growing team! Learn more on our Careers page.
About CSL’s “Best of the Best” Awards:
Carlton Senior Living’s “Best of the Best” awards honor associates who have gone above and beyond to provide particularly high quality, memorable experiences for residents and their families; and who exemplify the Carlton Commitments.
- Love – Act with empathy, compassion and understanding.
- Honor – Demonstrate value and respect to seniors and their families.
- Provide – Display exceptional service, enthusiasm and integrity creating a safe and pristine environment.
Every Carlton Senior Living associate is eligible to win the “Best of the Best” title and we need your help in nominating associates who have exceeded your expectations and who you feel are deserving for recognition.
To nominate an associate, please complete a “Best of the Best” nomination form which are available at the front desk in each community. We invite you to nominate multiple associates as this is an ongoing program with winners being selected on an ongoing basis throughout the entire company. Residents, families, guests and staff are all welcome to participate in the nomination process. Completed nomination forms should be returned to the community front desk.