Carlton Senior Living’s “Best of the Best” awards honor associates, in all departments and all positions from our culinary team to our Executive Directors, who have gone above and beyond. These chosen individuals are honored quarterly and annually. They are those within our company who have provided particularly high-quality customer service in memorable experiences for our residents, their families and fellow associates. These individuals exemplify the Carlton Commitments to Love, Honor and Provide.
Annually each year, the annual “Best of the Best” winners are chosen out of those who had won in the past four quarters of the given year. The winners are then congratulated on being chosen and are invited with a guest to attend the Best of the Best Annual Awards Banquet at the Silverado Resort in Napa, Ca. In honor of them, the winner and their guest receive a complimentary stay at the Silverado Resort on the night of the banquet.
Our East Bay region is comprised of four communities; our Carlton Senior Living Concord, Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill, Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill and Carlton Senior Living Poet’s Corner communities.
We are proud to showcase our ten 2018 Annual Winners from the East Bay region.
From the Carlton Senior Living Concord Exclusive 55+ Independent Living community we honor:
Melissa Alvarez, Personal Expressions Assistant
Melissa started as a college intern for Carlton Sacramento in 2015 and was officially hired in 2016. In 2017, she transferred to Carlton Concord to pursue her Masters. She has enjoyed making the residents happy and encouraging them to join different activities based on what they enjoy doing. Melissa is a staunch resident advocate. She juggles school, family and work with a smile.
From the Carlton Senior Living Downtown Pleasant Hill community we honor:
- Shanna Jennings, Associate Retirement Counselor
- Shanna is definitely a team player. She always has the attitude of how can I help to make it happen. Her ability to bond with our team and learn the sales process contributed to her success and recent promotion to Retirement Counselor returning to Poet’s Corner. Her kind nature gives families confidence in their decision to trust us with their loved ones.
- Taylor Tobias, Director of First Impressions
- In her short time with Downtown Pleasant Hill she made an impact on our customers. Her calm, professional manner instills confidence in our families and residents. Her determination to help find a solution or answer for problems is commendable. Her eagerness to learn and grown within our company has paved the way to her most recent promotion as Associate Retirement Counselor.
- Diane Duarte, Housekeeping/Laundry
- Diane stated with Carlton in 1997. Diane is creative, has a strong moral compass, remains resident focused, and always puts family first. She is definitely our glue. She keeps us focused on the Carlton commitments. Her loyalty and dedication to our Community goes above and beyond. Her ties to the early days of Carlton help us remain focused on those ideals as we move forward and grow as a company.
- Delores Undag, Personal Caregiver (AL-PM)
- Dolores has been with Carlton for almost 9 years. She is a great caregiver. Residents and families love her positive energy and attitude towards them. She has a great relationship with staff, is a role model to co-workers and is always willing to accept challenges with a smile on her face. She truly has the passion that it takes to be a caregiver. She’s always willing to listen with compassion.
- Gloria Saldivar, Personal Caregiver (MC-AM)
- Gloria has been with Carlton for 20 years! Her dedication to our residents is outstanding. Many days you will find her singing & dancing with our residents bringing joy and fun to them. Her warmhearted & upbeat personality is contagious to everyone around her. Her reliability and dedication to our residents instills trust and confidence. Her professionalism and work ethic is to be admired by all.
- Yulia Pavlova, Chef
- Yulia started with Carlton in 1998 as a server, then a cook and finally working her way up to Chef. Yulia has an amazing talent to give flare to any event. Her creative receipts and presentation gives everyone the feeling of special. I have never heard her say no to any request but rather how much do you need and when. Her leadership style is definitely one of rolling up her sleeves and hitting the line with staff.
- Ashley Owens, Director of Memory Care
- Starting in 2013 as the Community LVN she stood out as the nurse who “loved wounds.” Her bright personality, organization, and attention to details made her shine as a nurse. It has been a pleasure watching her become a leader to our Memory Care. I have witnessed her confidence blossom and it shows in her team. Families feel the love and trust that they need for their loved ones.
- Janilyn Yu, Medication Manager
- Janilyn began working for Carlton in 2006 as a Med Tech on NOC shift. She learned the department and became the Medication Manager in 2011. Janilyn has created a department that is efficient and effective. Through her leadership skills she has bonded a team together that is dependable and flexible. Her caring personality reassures residents and families.
- Lisa Spivey, Retirement Counselor
- Lisa has worked for Carlton since 2012, her larger than life personality sets any room on fire. Her ability to empathize with family members and residents creates the trust and bond needed for those coming into our community. She has the ability to remember the small but meaningful details of each resident who moves into the community. Whether it is their favorite tea, flowers or where they were born.
A special thank you to all of the Executive Directors for the amazing words they shared about each and everyone of the winning associates.