We Can Answer Your Questions About Senior Living
Senior living is a topic that often evokes certain assumptions and many questions. In this article, we’ll explore the top five questions about senior living.
1. Is senior living the same as a nursing home?
Think of it this way, senior living is a social model providing care when you need it while preserving your independence. Nursing homes primarily provide nursing services to the chronically ill. It’s important to note, nursing homes often provide a broader range of skilled nursing. Senior living, on the other hand, offers various lifestyle options for older adults who want to maintain their independence while living in their own apartments.
2. Will I lose my independence when I move in?
No, in fact, quite the opposite. At Carlton, we take pride in our philosophy of independence with assistance. In our communities, you have the freedom to live life while knowing that a helping hand is always available when you need it. Whether it’s assistance with daily activities, medication management, or simply having someone there for peace of mind, we are here to provide the support that complements and enhances your independence.
3. Is senior living affordable?
The affordability of senior living can vary depending on factors such as location, assistance required, amenities offered, and the specific community you choose. However, many are surprised to learn that the cost of senior living is often lower than the cost of staying in their current homes. To help you get a more accurate comparison, we have created a Cost Comparison Calculator so you can compare costs side by side. Contact us for your personalized comparison.
4. What are some benefits of senior living?
Senior living offers numerous benefits, including:
- Socializing on your terms – You can socialize in the community whenever you want to, and retreat to the comfort and privacy of your own apartment to relax and unwind.
- A Supportive Environment – Trained staff are always happy and available to lend a helping hand while providing person-centered care. This involves taking a holistic approach to care that addresses physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- Safety, Security & Technology – Carlton is designed with safety in mind, with features like emergency response systems, secure premises, and 24/7 staff availability. Including innovations like voice-activated technology through Alexa, and Artificial Intelligence enabled fall-prevention systems.
- Chore-free living – Say goodbye to the burdens of cleaning, laundry, home maintenance, preparing meals, and other unpleasant tasks; Carlton takes care of all these responsibilities.
- Entertainment at your doorstep – From exercise classes—to art workshops—to educational seminars, you will have access to the best entertainment whenever you want it.
5. How do I know when to consider senior living?
Asking yourself these questions can be an excellent place to start:
- Are you looking for good company, opportunities to socialize, and a sense of community?
- Do you have safety concerns like falls, navigating stairs, or driving?
- Is keeping up with household chores, home maintenance, and yardwork overwhelming or unmanageable?
- Is traveling to the store, shopping for groceries, and preparing healthy and nutritious meals a challenge or a worry?
- Could you use some help with daily tasks and personal care?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it may be time to consider Carlton Senior Living. Start with open conversations with friends, family, healthcare professionals, and senior living experts like us. We will guide and support you while you navigate through this decision-making process.
Have more questions about senior living?
Carlton Senior Living is family-founded and family-focused. Since 1985, we have been the local employer, owner, operator, and developer providing senior care services. With our deep-rooted experience and knowledge, we are committed to being your local trusted resource for senior living.