Dear Carlton Senior Living Residents, Families, Staff and Friends,
We at Carlton Senior Living feel it is important to keep you updated on our efforts and the measures we are taking in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading to our Communities.
We know that times like these can be challenging when there is such a concern with COVID-19 (the coronavirus) and the spread of it to ourselves and/or the ones we love. We want you to know that Carlton Senior Living is taking precautionary measures to keep our residents, staff and loved ones safe from this contagious virus. We are following all recommendations from the CDC and local Health Departments to ensure we are aware of all changes and are acting accordingly.
We are continuing to:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, multiple times during the day.
- Use >60% alcohol hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Get your flu shot.
- Utilize tissue or the curve of the inner elbow to cover coughs and/or sneezes.
- Keep high touch surfaces clean and disinfected, especially commonly used areas.
- Surgical masks are to be used for those who are sick, not healthy.
In addition, we have asked our staff to and recommend for families to:
- Contact a doctor immediately if you are exhibiting symptoms, such as chills, fever over 100.4, runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid traveling to the confirmed infected areas.
- Ensure you have an additional supply of all necessary medications for you and your loved ones.
- Consider having a 2 weeks supply of non-perishable food and necessary goods at home.
Carlton Senior Living has already implemented the recommendations of various healthcare authorities and experts in senior care, including the CDC and DSS (Department of Social Services). We have been lucky enough to attend multiple up-to-date educational forums and webinars with these specialists and feel prepared to continue our preventative measures as well as to take action if necessary.
We will have updates on our website. We encourage you to follow the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/ for up to date information.
Your Carlton Senior Living Team